While we've decided that The Grey Mouser can peacefully co-exist with the Catzilla brothers, we think he should join a household in which he can be the sole feline lord and master. Then, he can relax and be the incredibly social and lovable cat he is, rather than spending a portion of each day assuming defensive positions in and under our library furniture to avoid the boys' attempts to play with him.
Click on the thumbnails for larger photos.
Various succinct details:
- He is a neutered male weighing ~ 9 pounds, and is about two years old.
- He likes most people with almost no introduction needed, and is quite mellow.
- We found him camped out under our patio table in May 2008.
- He is an indoor cat. He hated the aforementioned camping out.
- He has a clean bill of health, current shots, and has been microchipped by us.
- He can do without other cats, especially those that would bully him. We don't picture him as a dog lover, either.
- He's a long hair in the best and worst of ways -- his long silky fur is wonderful to stroke, but does need regular brushing.
- He can be vocal, chirping or sadly meowing, when he's hungry or lonely.
- He is infinitely pettable (he never gets bored).
- He likes to sleep on the bed near his human(s).
Updated: He has a new set of valets! See the follow up post.